Utz Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Here’s a recipe that’ll throw you back to your childhood. Submitted by Jay Poore and Chuck Tullis, these classic and iconic Peanut Butter Jam Thumbprint Cookies are soft, chewy, with a crackly top and filled with sweet jam. Use your favorite jelly flavor like strawberry, grape, or raspberry. The salty potato chips are an unexpected twist that really brings everything together. It’s the perfect snack, dessert or holiday treat.
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 cups crushed Utz Original Potato Chips
- ½ cup fruit jam or filling of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Cream butter, scraping down sides of the bowl and add both sugars. Cream together, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until just combined. Add the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Roll heaping tablespoon sized balls of dough and toss in the egg whites followed by the crushed potato chips, until well coated.
- Place balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Gently press your finger into the center of the dough.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cookies have spread and baked through.
- Allow cookies to cool before filling with a small amount of jam or filling. Once cookies have been filled, se aside and allow cookies to set.