UTZ CHIP TRIP TOUR – Hanover, PA
About: Come see how potato chips are made and breathe in the delicious aroma of the famous Utz Potato Chips and Snacks at our over 600,000 square foot facility. We have built a special glass enclosed observation gallery that looks down on our production process from beginning to end. You will be guided step-by-step with the aid of a push-to-talk audio program and closed-circuit TV monitors. A wall display of our history will enhance your understanding of the company and its products.
From start to finish, you’ll be impressed with the care we put into Utz Potato Chips. At Utz, we use the finest ingredients and the most advanced equipment. Our factory is one of the cleanest and most modern snack food operations in America. The Utz Potato Chip Trip is fun for the whole family, a learning experience for young and old, and a snack lover’s delight. Come and enjoy the free tour at your own pace!
Address: 900 High St. Hanover, PA 17331
Hours: Monday – Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Requirements: Tour does have steps.
How long does the Tour last: Self-guided, Approximately 30-45 minutes
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-367-7629
Need to Know:
GOLDEN FLAKE TOUR – Birmingham, AL
About: Our tour is a fun learning, experience for school kids and adults alike! You will see firsthand the production process of Golden Flake snacks, from fresh whole potatoes and corn to the finished great tasting packaged snacks on their way to your local retailer.
Address: 1 Golden Flake Dr. Birmingham, AL 35205
Hours: All tours must be scheduled in advance by emailing email@example.com, Tours are given Monday – Thursday 9:30, 11:00, 12:30 PM.
Requirements: Must be at least 5 yrs of age, Maximum 50 attendees per tour group/ time, Each tour group must have a tour group leader.
How long does the Tour last: Guided, Approximately 30-45 minutes
Contact Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to Know:
Field Trip reservations open on July 1st of each year.
To help guarantee that we maintain the integrity of our products and to comply with Federal and the State of Alabama laws and regulations, we require that you read, agree and plan to follow the Good Manufacturing Practices listed below while you are in our plant:
- Watches and all jewelry shall be removed (Plain wedding bands and medic alert items are exempt).
- Closed toed and closed heel shoes must be worn. Tennis shoes are preferred. Absolutely no beach shoes, sandals, flip flops, or minimalist shoes.
- Hairnets and beard nets shall be properly worn at all times. We will provide you with these nets. Hats are not permitted.
- All tour participants must be 5 years of age or older. No cameras or video recorders (including phones) of any kind are allowed in the manufacturing areas.
- Gum, candy, external food and drink are not allowed.
- Tobacco use, in any form, is not allowed in the production facility. Smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas.
- Personal belongings, such as backpacks, purses and briefcases, are not allowed on the tour. Please secure these items in your vehicle.
- Firearms or other weapons are not allowed.
- Illegal drugs or substances are not allowed in or around our facilities.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed in or around our facilities.
- Manufacturing areas can be hazardous. Please be aware of slippery floors and vehicle traffic. Avoid chemical storage areas and remain with a Golden Flake employee throughout your entire visit.
- School Field Trip reservations will open on September 1 of each year. Please call early in the school year as our tour is very popular and fills quickly.
- Our tour is wheelchair accessible.
- Notice: Allergens are present! While we sell and distribute packaged peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds and other nut items, No nut items are processed here. However, we have seasonings in the manufacturing process that include, but not limited to, milk, soy, and wheat are present in this facility. Those individuals that have allergic reactions to these items may want to consider just viewing our introductory video that shows the production process prior to the tour. These individuals must have their own supervision while others are on the tour.
- Golden Flake Snack Foods reserves the right, for business reasons, to cancel, postpone or decline tour requests.