Utz Crab Chip Crusted Chicken Bites
From Molly Mancini
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour + 1 Tablespoon Seafood Seasoning (Maryland Style) – Mix well, and put into a zip bag or a bowl.
- 3 large eggs – well beaten or – 1 cup of liquid egg substitute. Hold in a bowl.
- 1 cup of finely crushed Utz Crab Chips + 1 cup of Panko Breadcrumbs + 1 cup of Corn Flake Crumbs + 2 Tablespoons Seafood Seasoning (Maryland Style) – Mix well, and put into a bowl.
- 2 boneless/skinless chicken breasts or 4 boneless/skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces.
- Add the chicken to flour and seafood seasoning in the plastic bag or bowl and toss until well coated.
- Remove half of the flour coated chicken and dip into the beaten egg/seafood seasoning mixture.
- Transfer the egg dipped chicken into the crumb mix (potato chips + panko + corn flakes) coat each piece evenly.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all the chicken is breaded. Hold all the chicken on a flat sheet pan in preparation for pan frying.
- In a large frying pan, add equal parts of vegetable oil and olive oil so that the pan contains at least 2 inches of oil. Heat to medium – high temperature.
- Once oil is hot, gently place the breaded chicken in the oil and fry until each side is golden brown. Turn each piece carefully so not to remove breading. Frying in small batches will help evenly cook the chicken. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 180 degrees when tested with a meat thermometer.
- Remove chicken from the pan and drain excess oil on a wire rack or on paper towels.
- Serve hot- ENJOY!